Thread: New player - Help with NPC Stuff

1. #1 New player - Help with NPC Stuff 
    Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi guys,

I'm a long time SRO player (I started 15 years ago !!).
    I joined this server because it looks like an official one and really serious (no stupid music, no 1451345 modifications).

The only thing i'm a bit frustrated is how difficult is it for new player to level up (I don't like doing Taxi ...).
    One idea, like official server, would be to put SoS,SOM,Sosun for really cheap until D7 for example, so new player would level up quite "easily" (or fairly) since it's impossible to find good stuff on low degree (no one sells it, so we are all on npc stuffs ...) !

With this idea, everyone could level up to 60 more or less without begging for Taxi & so on.

Also like many recommendations, increasing rates during weekends and so on would be an awesome idea :)

Keep up the good work lads !

Cheers

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

This idea of having SOX on the NPCs may be implemented on higher level caps, we will be taking into consideration for future updates.

Regards,

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think that would defeat the purpose of having a low rate server since you'd just 1shot mobs that are higher level.

I did a manual level for most of my time here with only about 10-15 levels of plvl.

NPC gear is fine at the tier levels and can help you kill mobs around your level or even 1-2 higher easily.
    The drop numbers, especially pre-50 are so high that you are very likely to find a random weapon of your latest degree sub-tier.

I support the idea of support for lowbies to level, but I think it should come in the form of a small XP boost like 5x solo, 8x party up to level 40.
    I did raise in another post a "Money-sink" idea where there are low lvl weapons which can effectively be used as Vanity items or alt leveling weapons but for a very high price. Something like 50m-100m for 1-3D sox

~Vais

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenay View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a long time SRO player (I started 15 years ago !!).
    I joined this server because it looks like an official one and really serious (no stupid music, no 1451345 modifications).

The only thing i'm a bit frustrated is how difficult is it for new player to level up (I don't like doing Taxi ...).
    One idea, like official server, would be to put SoS,SOM,Sosun for really cheap until D7 for example, so new player would level up quite "easily" (or fairly) since it's impossible to find good stuff on low degree (no one sells it, so we are all on npc stuffs ...) !

With this idea, everyone could level up to 60 more or less without begging for Taxi & so on.

Also like many recommendations, increasing rates during weekends and so on would be an awesome idea :)

Keep up the good work lads !

Cheers
    It's really not too bad lvling up. I just did 1-62 in a couple weeks playing about 3hrs a day with mostly NPC gear and no taxis. Don't bother gapping imo, you can get lots of SP between lvl 61-70. Make sure you're always in a party, even if it's an LTP and you're lvling solo you get a ton more EXP!

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalooo View Post
    It's really not too bad lvling up. I just did 1-62 in a couple weeks playing about 3hrs a day with mostly NPC gear and no taxis. Don't bother gapping imo, you can get lots of SP between lvl 61-70. Make sure you're always in a party, even if it's an LTP and you're lvling solo you get a ton more EXP!
    Yes I know all that :) but I don't have 3 hours anymore, i'm 30 years old while I was 15 before playing SRO. And in the official server, they put Sos to help the noobies because they recognized their mistakes by having a game where grinding is just too hard for a solo player.

I don't know anyone leveling without Taxi and it's just sad having or Taxi and lvl 80 in 10 days or solo and needing 1 months to be 80. There should be something in between to help us and SOS Stuffs instead of NPC stuffs could be the in between in my opinion :)

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The problem with what they did is that it doesn't address the time it takes to grind because you still have to kill thousands of mobs to level up, especially at lvls past 50.

If they cared about addressing the problem then instead of giving people better damage, they'd reduce the XP required or increase the rate of XP per mob because 1x was slow as hell and the only way to even get 1 level per day was to bot 24hours (and even then, past 80 you wouldn't get a level per day)
    On Origin the XP is x3/5 which is much more reasonable and with just 3-4 hours grinding per day you can get 1 level if you're doing it efficiently.

Afterall, this is a grinding game so it can't really be too easy to grind can it :)

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    What would help a lot would be an ingame auto select. So you can farm but have to be at the pc and have no way to bot. Since I am slaying through thousand of wings my hands getting well trained :D

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TianBao View Post
    What would help a lot would be an ingame auto select. So you can farm but have to be at the pc and have no way to bot. Since I am slaying through thousand of wings my hands getting well trained :D
    They said they wouldnt make auto select because it will enable people to effectively, "bot" by just using a keypresser (which apparently is allowed here) to just select +imbue + skills.

Though I agree it would help with longer grinding sessions. At the moment its pretty annoying to grind for longer than an hour or two.

~Vais

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TianBao View Post
    Auto-Select would be fine in PvP.
    Sometimes you click on your own pt members during fw or mass pvp and not on oppenent players because its just not possible to pick the enemy inside a bunch of allied players.
    But auto for Pve would be bad because of the mentioned reason.

Users Flag!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Autoselect is not happening.